Saturday, May 10, 2008

Best Yard Sale Find Ever

Charlie made out like a bandit at a nearby community garage sale. He got two pairs of sneakers (7s and 8s because he's growing out of his 6s, yikes! Also, $2 for two pairs of barely used kids' shoes? Score! They light up, which I didn't know until I got them home) some shirts, a science picture book (to suppliment My Family of Planets, which he and Ryan read every night. Now he can learn some Earth science, biology, and chemistry along with astronomy), and THIS!



There is going to be a toddler fight in the culdesac on Monday! (Although maybe Charlie will finally leave the kid with the shopping cart full of chalk alone. That would be super). He knows how to put his feet on the pedals now, but we are still working on learning to push (and also how to steer. Many many tears were shed when he reached dead ends in our living room).

After training for the Tour de France we went back inside where Charlie found his new shoes, exclaimed "SHOES!", then sat down and took his shoes off so he could try on the new ones. He's sleeping in them now. Charlie's a little nuts about shoes. If I don't have any shoes on he will go find a pair of mine somewhere in the house, bring them to me, and insist I put them on right then. I think it's blowing his mind that he has THREE PAIRS all to himself now.

8 comments:

Pete the Brit said...

that is awesome...very cool to see Ryan in 'Daddy Mode'

Kyla said...

Awww! Look at that big boy!

Shannon said...

Charlie is a very lucky little boy... you are a fun mom and Ryan is totally a great dad!

Rima said...

He has good form, good form on that bike!

And I like your 'hood.

sarah said...

what is it with shoes and toddlers?! E's the same way!

Sarah said...

so cute!! gotta love a kid who loves shoes.

Alison Cherry said...

I puffy-heart yard sales...

LL said...

Awesome new toy! (and video clip of the toy in action).

And I love the sleeping in shoes, I have the same affection for my many pairs :)