Sunday, March 16, 2008

Like it's 1999

This weekend we attended the wedding of Ryan's cousin, here in South. It was beautiful and after a well-timed and longer than normal morning nap for Charlie I actually got to see most of the ceremony while seated comfortably in the sanctuary. The vows I heard from the lobby while I worked to keep Charlie from playing in the bowls of holy water.

Here's Charlie, dressed in the Lil' Humanities Professor Collection, including a corduroy blazer, making a run for it after the ceremony.

Sidewalking

The reception was held outside at a beautiful park. The only problem were these ponds. There were about five of them and Charlie found them irresistable. Many times I let him lean over and look in only to have him turn around and stick a Robeez clad foot in the murky water. Later an older toddler fell in and had to be rescued by his grandfather who jumped in after him. That was scary. Later I would give Charlie two pieces of wedding cake and the last of my water because I was so grateful he was not at the bottom of a pond (thank you pregnancy horomones).

More Goldfish Please

I think we'll use this one for the Christmas card.
No-nap Charlie

Finally, here is a video of Charlie shaking his groove thang on the dance floor. Interestingly this was moments after that last picture was taken. We had to pass the dance floor to get back to our car and he squirmed until I put him down as soon as he heard, inappropriately, "I Like Big Butts" pulsing from the speakers. For about thirty minutes he screamed when we tried to get him away from the dance floor. Finally, when Ryan and I were teaching him "YMCA" he collapsed in exhaustion on my shoulder (Or maybe he was just embarrassed that he had to dance with his mom). We weren't able to capture the best moments, like the time he did this crazy thing with his arms and everyone else on the dance floor mimicked him, on video, unfortunately.


Untitled from charlielaughs on Vimeo.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh-- hilarious video!! He's a good little dancer!!! I also love that picture of you guys walking away (cute dress, too). Ahhh, Robeez-- I miss them so much and can't wait to have some tiny baby feet to fill them again :)

Sarah's Husband...AKA Ben said...

Holy Crap! Sarah just showed that to me and it is Awesome!!! He is an amazing dancer...the kids got moves...

That is great...

Sarah's husband!

Ben

Art Nerd said...

Oh how cute! And he's already a Bowie fan, that's great!

Liz said...

I just snarfed my coffee at that picture. And at the groove-shaking to "I like big butts" (Wasn't that what Ross sang to baby Emma to get her to stop crying?). There's really something about that song that is...magic.
Also? Charlie's a great dancer! WOOT!

Liz said...

Also: I will now have Safety Dance in my head ALL. DAY. LONG.

Kyla said...

Look at those moves!! LOL! So cute!

a. beaverhausen said...

I love the little "white man" boogie. Brings back fond/funny memories.