Tuesday, February 5, 2008

This week in summary

*The climbing continues: Spiderman scared the crap out of Ryan's parents while we were looking at a house on Saturday by attempting to climb up the outside of the banister

*The same house backed up to a large park. The back fence had a gate that opened onto the park. Ryan opened the gate and shouted into the park "Charlie!! Time for dinner!" and then turned around to me and said "Hey, it works!" If the house hadn't needed so much demolition remodeling it would have been perfect. I mean, I'm not going to say the fake wood floor was installed poorly, I'm just going to say I could see it moving up and down when someone walked across the living room.

And it had the 80s dream kitchen. Pink walls, dated appliances, an enormous fume hood resembling the invading alien spacecraft on the movie Independence Day that hung in the middle of the room over the island, and access by a narrow door that opened into the foyer. What in the world?

*I think our realtor wishes we would just decide to rent a while longer.

*My dissertation sucks but occasionally I can see a teeny glimmer of dim light at the end of a long dark and winding tunnel. Unfortunately there are probably also scary monsters in the tunnel just waiting to jump out and eat my Matlab code.

*Charlie weighs 26 lb (75 percentile), is 32 inches tall (75th-90th
percentile), and has 90th percentile head size. He knows lots of words (bye, dog, kitty, Mama, Papa, banana, milk, oooh, wow, baby, woof, and a sharp disciplinary word that sounds like "DA!" that he applies to the fireplace, the stairs, Rossby's food bowl, and Rossby when he barks).

*He is also getting his first teeth finally. Four of them are coming in on top right now. This displeases him greatly.

*His ears? Are NOT INFECTED!

*There was a freaking ARMADILLO in our BACK YARD this morning.

*Rossby hates armadillos even more than cats.

And finally,

*We put an offer on a house this morning. Excuse me while I breathe into a paper bag.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

YOU PUT AN OFFER ON A HOUSE!!!

And the armadillo out-ranked that?

Oh wait. Drama. Totally got it.

So cool! Congrats!

Someone Being Me said...

Wow, you really saved the best for last. The internets wants to see pictures of the house.

jenn_ky said...

Woohoo! You're in for a very exciting time...counteroffers, inspections, appraisals, and a closing in which you sign your name approx 173 times. I hope it all goes smoothly!

Anonymous said...

Awwww armadillos...I miss the south :( --a
p.s. keep me updated on the house

Kyla said...

Oooooh! Exciting! KayTar only has 3 pounds on Charlie, but she has 5 inches on him, too. LOL.

I hope you get the house!

Liz said...

did you put an offer on the house with the park?

and yes...the internets demand pictures!

(also: HOOORAY for no ear infection. i know what a relief this must be for you all...)

sarah said...

I need a nap after reading all that!!

I can't wait to hear all about the house! Good luck!!

a beaverhausen said...

Raccoons like to come up and eat the pan of cat food outside. And possums. No armadillos. Good luck with the house offer.