Thursday, February 7, 2008

La Casita

They countered (yesterday around 5:00, just when do you people eat lunch anyway?).

It was not what we had hoped for, but as the seller's agent so helpfully pointed out, the difference between what we were offering and what they were asking would only amount to $29 a month. Or, as I like to call it, one pediatrician copay and a perscription for antibiotics or eight movie rentals or seven gallons of milk or a new pair of jeans.

Oh to live in a world where $29 is a trivial amount of money.

But. We want to live in this neighborhood. It has great schools and tons of parks. It has a community center and a church and a Boy Scout troop that has a pancake breakfast on the Fourth of July.

And the house is exactly what we want. The size is just right, it needs absolutely no repairs or even paint, it has a nice back yard with a swingset that conveys. The stairs go into the kitchen at the back of the house so if you need to run to the laundry room naked to get your underpants from the dryer you don't have to pass any street-facing windows (Bonus!).

The payment (even at their original asking price) is exactly what we budgeted for (thank you Mr. Fed for being so accommodating with your interest rates) even if the actual number makes me teetee a little in my pants (and we were going to move to BOSTON??).

So we countered their counter. And now for some more waiting. We should have an answer before the weekend.

7 comments:

Dr. Maureen said...

Oh! I've got my fingers crossed for you!

Anonymous said...

I hope you get it!!! (My pasty white skin requires a shaded porch, as you know).
-godmother

Sarah said...

Oooh, I hope you get it!!

Also, I am moving to Texas because we pay $7 a gallon for milk up here in a freaking dairy state.

Good luck, good luck, good luck!

and you can always counter their counter of your counter :)

Liz said...

Wait a minute... this house is in Boston?
I confused.
But I hope you get it--that running to the laundry nekkid thing? That's KEY.

Kyla said...

Sounds like a perfect house. I hope they take your counteroffer.

HollowSquirrel said...

I have to be honest, I don't know what "teeteeing" in your pants is. Is it peepeeing or something similar?

I hope you get what you want, chica!

sarah said...

I'm dying here!!! I can't wait to hear! My fingers are crossed for you. It sounds like heaven! So jealous!