Thursday, January 10, 2008

I didn't know it was Delurking Day...

But I'd love to know you're here! And because every time I get a comment my computer makes a little beeping noise that keeps me from falling asleep at my desk.

I can't use the badge with the flasher because my little cousins read this but here is a picture of Charlie wearing a scarf on our afternoon walk. It wasn't that cold but I thought I could maybe sweat the cold and the ear infection out of him.

Charlie and his Elegant Scarf

He asks that you call him Charles and that you make his latte extra hot with no foam.

So tell me you're here and whether you think Charlie is checking out the waitress in this picture (when we went out for breakfast on Monday while we were playing hookey so I could observe him in a non-home environment to ensure he felt well enough to go to daycare.

Is he checking her out?

15 comments:

Lizarita said...

Delurking from Atoka, TN.
Hi!

Corey said...

Delurking from Oregon! I'm a grad student/mom to a one year old boy too so I love to hear about your adventures. Hope Charlie is feeling better soon!

Leah said...

I have to use the "observe him in a non-home environment" excuse around here sometimes. Except change him to her.

Kyla said...

Yeah, I think he might even be whistling! LOL.

Dr. Maureen said...

I've got nothing interesting to say, but I know that comment ding is fun to hear.

Homestead Mom said...

I'm here, reading, as always. Love the new look. Charles can totally carry off the look.

:)

Someone Being Me said...

I kept mine home on Monday too. Apparently a germ is going around the blogsphere. Mine was actually sick but that didn't keep Momma from enjoying her day off with a little HGTV, a book, and Whataburger.

jenn_ky said...

Delurking from Kentucky! I am a rather new PhD with a new baby...I don't think I ever would have finished if I'd had my daughter during grad school - I'm so impressed that you're making it work!

Anonymous said...

I'm here...which you knew :) I think 'Charles' also has a keen interest in the theater. Probably mostly Shakespearean. --abby

Mary said...

Delurking, that's me! and yep, I'm afraid you've got yourself a little frat boy there, checkin' out the ladies!

Melinda said...

Are you awake? I love checking in to see what you and Charlie are up to. I'll take one of those lattes too. Happy Delurking Day!

Sarah said...

is that burberry, seriously?

love the new look of the blog!

definitely checking her out.

sarah said...

I missed de-lurking day! I love de-lurking day!! Anyway, here I am! Love the scarf on Chaaaaaarles. He looks smashing.

a beaverhausen said...

I'm tardy...but I'm delurking from Fort Worth, Texas. Even though I'm not lurker..but a commenting blogger.

Fairygothmommy said...

Delurking from Chicago, Albeit late.

It's cold here, you'd have hated it, but having read your blog alllll the way back to the beginning (started more than a year and a half ago, yet just delurking now. Go me.) can't help but long for another smart mommy friend.

Perhaps I need to hang out in cofeehouses and eat snickerdoodles more.