Monday, January 14, 2008

Because we have no rules in our house

I know what you think, that Charlie spends his days sitting primly at the kitchen table building quietly with blocks and coloring neatly inside the lines of his See and Say Latin coloring book. So these pictures, taken Friday when I kept him home from daycare so he could get over his cold once and for all, might surprise you. Because I also had/have a cold I deemed the sunny 65 degree day to be "not park weather" and instead made this inviting pile of cushions in the family room.

Indoor Playground

Indoor Playground

Indoor Playground

Indoor Playground

Indoor Playground

Shortly after these were taken he took an hour nap in his crib followed by a two hour nap with me in our guest bed, the last hour of which I was wide awake and keenly aware of how badly I needed to go to the bathroom. I couldn't disentangle myself from him without waking him up. With no clock I marked the time by the passage of school buses in front of the house. When the second one passed I knew it was well after four. When my mom came home I knew it was after four-thirty.

He finally woke up at four-forty-five (normal nap wakeup ~2:30), hair wild, cheeks flushed, making the sign for milk.

I guess he wore himself out this week with all the not-sleeping he's been doing. He's been sleeping better at night too and wakes up around six-thirty happy to play with his aquarium and babble to himself until he inevitably drops Phent over the side of the crib and needs someone to rescue him.

One more nice night like this and I might be able to form complete sentences again!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

We have no rules, either! He is sooo cute on the couch cushions, by the way

Kyla said...

KayTar slept from 5-7:30 last night, went to bed at midnight, woke at 5am, went to sleep at 9am, and slept until almost 1pm this afternoon. Her sleep is so screwed I don't know if we'll ever get back to normal. I hope the Eustachian Tube Kid is feeling much better!

Marianne said...

How can you have rules with that face? Seriously.