Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Bye bye also means "Trick or Treat!"

So. Which picture do you think we should use for the old family Christmas card picture this year?

This one?

Family

Or this one?

Chillin

Here he is showing off his haul

Candy

We had a great time. I didn't know that Halloween is such a boozefest for the parents. My uncle stashed a twelve-pack of beer in the wagon "for Charlie to lean on" and most parents were walking around with a drink in their hand. In fact, I think that's why everyone had wagons, because you need two hands to steer a stroller and only one to pull a wagon (you also need two hands to get a kangaroo laden wagon out of a stranger's landscaping, something that should be tried first instead of nearly tipping your kid into the bushes as you try to push it out backwards with one hand while holding your beer and a plastic pumpkin full of candy with the other). Is this normal or do we need to buy in that neighborhood?

Charlie had a blast riding in the wagon and shaking the candy in his pumpkin bucket. People patiently held out pieces of candy for him to take and put in his bucket. He pointed out all the decorations to us. He was one tired kangaroo when we got him home nearly two hours after bedtime and went straight to sleep after his bottle of milk.

And now Ryan and I are feasting on his candy. Without even having it X-rayed! Because we're wild rebels over here. I wish he had gotten one of those LSD soaked tattoos they used to send letters home to parents about when I was in elementary school. Because a couple of those, a little background music (the Tonight Show probably), and things could get PRET-ty crazy around here at the temporary apartment.

Ooh, maybe once my mind has been freed I can finally fix that problem I've been having with my Matlab code!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes you need to buy in that neighborhood....and then I'm visiting there every year. Its like adult disneyland! And its not your apartment....go nuts!!!!!--a

Kyla said...

He is SOOOO cute!!! Sounds like a great Halloween. KayTar could care less for the candy...but her costume, that was true love!

Marianne said...

*HEAD EXPLODES* from cuteness.

wordgirl said...

Love the picture of the whole family, but the kangaroo pic is a keeper, too. A kid's first Halloween is something really special. Glad you're documenting it.

Mo said...

I think you should go with the beer photo.

I just wanted to say thanks for leaving a comment on my blog last week! All you commenters made my day. Also, I love your blog name. I am jealous, even though it would not be appropriate for me as I am free from the chains of academia.

Sarah said...

Are you thinking of the backwards whoopdeedo?

Such a cute kanagroo, and beer with trick or treating is an EXCELLENT idea-- will file away for next year when I am hopefully not pregnant again.