Monday, October 29, 2007

Quack quack

Something happened to my voice and if I try to speak I sound like a sick duck. I took Charlie to the park today to try to make some friends. I got all gussied up in a black tshirt and some brown capri sweatpants and even thought to dab on a little lip gloss as I got the stroller out of the trunk of the car but as soon as I opened my mouth to talk to a potential friend it was suddenly time for a diaper change or a nap. I'm probably the subject of some kind of phone tree now. Awesome.

We were in another town this weekend for a family wedding and while there I got to meet the wonderful and talented Kyla over coffee one afternoon. Her strength and ability to keep her sense of humor in a tough situation inspire me and I really enjoyed meeting her face to face.

Now for some pictures because I really need to go to bed soon so I can get some rest and Charlie doesn't laugh every time I try to speak tomorrow like he did today.

At the Church

Here he is before we went into the wedding. He made it through the bridal procession before he started getting chatty. I gave him his sippy cup which he snatched from my hand and then threw his head back to drink with such gusto that it made a loud THUD against the pew, eliciting giggles from people sitting around us. Then he started pointing at all the candles and saying "OOOH!" and when I picked him up to hand him to Ryan I grabbed him in just the wrong spot and he let out a big burp that echoed through the sanctuary. Ryan and I made some nice friends standing outside the front of the church.

Biggest Dog He's Ever Seen

Charlie was delighted by this huge dog that came to the reception pulling a carriage. He greeted the horse by sticking out his tongue and panting, which is what he does when we ask him what our dog Rossby says. The green hoodie is part of the "Oh shoot the reception is outside and he's getting over a cold and I found this in the back of my car" collection.

AAAAAAAAAAH!!

He took a good nap after this terrifying experience. But at first he loved the lights and he clapped his hands and waved at his Nana and Ryan every time we passed them. "Bye bye!"

DSC03437

He was enjoying this swing ride so much that I just kept pushing him until he was nearly asleep. Then it was time to go inside for dinner and the birthday cake that our hosts had bought him.

Charlie "sat" at the table and ate dinner

He ate his piece standing in a Pack and Play that we pulled up to the table. Is that a happy boy or what? He tested the crib's design limits by jumping up and down between bites. He had no trouble falling asleep in the car on the way back to South. He's such a cool kid.

2 comments:

Kyla said...

It was so great meeting you, too!! Sounds like the rest of the trip was wonderful, too.

Sarah said...

He's so cute! We have quite a few pieces from the "back of my car" collection.