Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Late Mom

There are fifty-three minutes between now and Charlie's first Little Gym class. Where is Charlie? Why am I sitting at my computer and not sipping a caffeinated beverage in the not-local coffee shop that shares a shopping center with Little Gym? Because someone needed some quiet time in his crib.

You see, he is having some trouble dealing with disappointment. In particular, he learned to turn on the TV today. At the exact moment he turned it on there was a commercial for dog food on that showed one life-sized dog face after another. The ecstatic shrieks of delight came to an abrupt and angry end when The Today Show came back on. After that nothing would do but trying to climb into the fireplace or chew on our wireless modem. Suggestions to do something else were met with angry sobs. He was asleep in less than a minute.

And now the caffeine headache that began on the back-right side of my head has spread to the top middle. And soon I will be "Mom Who Shows Up Late with the Mad Baby and the Starbucks Drink." But hey, we're in the big city now! When in Rome, right?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay! Little Gym is the funnest ever! Soon you'll be singing "It's time to put the toys away" or "It's time to go and play today" all the freaking time! Oh-- and we are always late (almost always), meaning we miss the bells at the beginning of class, which breaks Harry's little heart. Have so much fun!!! And beware the competimommies.

Nicole said...

I highly reccommend a nonfat pumpkin spice latte WITH whip (I haven't totally lost my mind with the lowfat diet thing.) Those 3 shots of espresso in a grande is the only keeping me going today. Seriously. Thanks for your comment over at my place, btw. :)

Kyla said...

Oooh, Little Gym! You'll have to tell me how you like it. We've thought about it for KayTar now that she is mobile.

Be the Late Mom. All the coolest ones are.