Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Hyphen-a-palooza

Remember that scene in Sex and the City where Miranda reaches deep into her closet and pulls out a pair of Jordache (or some other must-have 80s brand) jeans that she has had since high school (when she had mono), ones that haven't fit in years, and then pulls them on and they fit?

That totally happened to me today with a pair of brown corduroy cargo pants that I bought in 2004. The are one size smaller than all my other pants. They are one size larger than I wore when I started college and was on the swimming club-team and got up at 5:30 every morning to swim a mile or so before breakfast.

I really don't recommend the Husband-might-have-a-degenerative-neuromuscular-condition-broken-washing-machine-trying-to-get-house-on-the-market-two-dissertations-leprosy-like-diaper-rash-dead-thing-smell-coming-from-the-dishwasher Diet though (You may have heard it referred to as the It's-three-oclock-and-all-I've-eaten-today-is-a-piece-of-apple-pie Plan).

But now Ryan is on the mend and the washing machine is fixed so it's goodbye cargo pants.

Read to your kids
They're reading about "The New Mommy Track" as part of Charlie's homework assignment for the "Women in the Workplace, 1960 to the Present" class he's taking at the university.

2 comments:

Kyla said...

Dude. Apple pie. Mmmmm.

I hope things calm down for you soon! But at least you fit into those pants again! That's something, right?

And did I mention, apple pie....mmmm!

Sarah said...

Ooooh, cool-- skinny pants! I am a major stress eater, so I am pretty sure that diet would have the opposite effect on me. And diaper rash is plaguing us, too. WTH?