Monday, September 3, 2007

Designed to Sell

My dad was in town this weekend to help us get the house ready to sell. He and Ryan replaced the counters, faucets, and sinks in our two bathrooms.

I did the kitchen and packed up a bunch of stuff we won't need for the next month and loaded it into my dad's car. Who knew we had so much counter space under all of our junk?
Clean
And who knew our pantry contained five unopened boxes of spaghetti? Not me, that's for sure.

Look at that fridge real estate gods! I am used to looking at a picture of Charlie as a newborn when I am cooking, but for you? Anything. Besides, it took me so long to get the kitchen to look that clean that there will be NO COOKING taking place in it from now on.

The rest of the house still looks like it always does, like two PhD students, a ten month old who crawls, and a dog live there. Except for the bathrooms, which have shiny new counters and sinks (and also, lots and lots of hygiene products. Nothing like walking into your bathroom to offer your dad a glass of water to find him working under the sink, boxes and boxes of Always scattered all over the bedroom floor. I vaguely remember Ryan hitting a sale at Big Lots and bringing home enough jumbo boxes to soak up the Gulf of Mexico, and then I found out I was pregnant with Charlie.).

Getting the rest of the house ready is my project for this week. We have a yard sale planned for Friday and Saturday, so if you want some fugly couches or about ten thousand fussy looking candles you should stop by (no reasonable offer refused!).

We move in about a month. To another city. A city where they don't broadcast my university's football games over the loudspeaker at the grocery store. Where the mornings in the fall aren't nice and cool and where it hardly ever snows. I hate snow. But still, this has been my home for nine years, where I met Ryan, where we got married, where we bought our first home, where Charlie was born.

I don't think Charlie will mind. I reassured him that Phent will be coming with us and that they would be getting a nice new crib to share.

Church Clothes

4 comments:

Sarah said...

That's a cute crib, and your kitchen looks great! I am soooo addicted to Designed to Sell-- it's my favorite thing to tivo (because it's on at 11, which is wayyyy to late for me).

Kyla said...

How far south are you moving?

I'm secretly hoping it is THIS far south. Way down here in my city.

Kitchen looks AWESOME!!

Leslie said...

as Michael says, the best and cleanest your place ever gets are the day you move in and the day you move out. Alas!

wordgirl said...

Good luck selling the house, though I'm sure it will go quickly. Just in case, you might bury a statue of St. Joseph in the back yard. I've heard it works.