Monday, August 6, 2007

Here Comes Trouble

up.....
IMG_3085

up....
IMG_3086

AND AWAY!!!!!
IMG_3087

Sorry about the blurry pictures. I think it has to do with the Heisenburg Uncertainty Principle. Or maybe just because I wasn't using my flash. Or maybe because Charlie moves SO FAST.

He started almost-crawling Saturday night while wearing nothing but a baby bathrobe, size newborn, that didn't quite cover his whole bottom. I'm sure you can imagine how disappointed I was that my camera was in the other room.

No news here... believe me I wish I could post a big fat "MOVING TO ..." but we're having trouble filling in the "..." I was so sure when I posted the other day that we would be going to North, but then the Perfect Apartment (central air, two bathrooms, walk to six coffee shops, two subway stops, a playground, a Trader Joes, a Whole Foods, and the river. Heat and hot water included!) was taken down from Craigslist and I thought the Universe was trying to tell me something, like perhaps we should just live out our days in my parents' basement (it's a very nice basement actually, with a living room and a kitchen) because this whole adult thing was just TOO HARD.

I've been avoiding Craigslist. Ryan goes near-catatonic when I bring up the subject of Great Apartments Available Now That Won't Be When We're Ready. We've decided to delay making a decision until Thursday, the last possible day when hopefully we'll have some more information about South. But unless that information is that they are offering Ryan $500,000 a year, use of a private jet, and a condo on Nevis, I really don't think it's going to make the decision any easier.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Yeah for Charlie! Trouble is right-- my bookshelves have not been the same since crawling began. He's adorable!

Kyla said...

Go Charlie Go!!

Good luck with the decision!

Anonymous said...

Forget north, forget south...come live w/ meeeeeee! :) Oh, and you need to go to a coffee shop immediately for some comforting caffeine and scones...I hated this decision --a

wordgirl said...

That kid is greased lightning! As for the North/South debate? I see pro and con in both. That's the problem, no?

Sarah said...

omg-- do we have the same kitchen table and chairs? green legs? medium wood tops?