Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Light. Tunnel.

The meeting with Dr. Advisor today went really well, lasted just over three hours and resulted in a working program. I've been working on this problem since February with no success. Every day I would try to fix it and every day I would fail. It was getting bad. I read every reference I could find over and over thinking I must have missed the key piece of information that would help me. I talked to the professor who wrote the original program I had based mine on (even she was baffled). I wrote pages of notes to give to one of Ryan's professors who agreed to take a look at it for me. I was out of ideas. Dr. Advisor rescued me. I am grateful.

Since I got home from the meeting I have generated almost all the data I need and started on the analysis I'll put in my dissertation. And I've pumped 7 ounces of milk. Watch me go!

Thanks go to A for the gift card that enabled us to go out for Chinese tonight to celebrate.

Now if you'll excuse me, I trapped a roach under a tupperware bowl and some textbooks so I need to go in another room until Ryan comes home to kill it.

IMG_3075
Charlie is happy for me. But mostly he is happy about the seven ounces of milk.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo, chinese! Glad to hear I'm not the only one who traps bugs...though one got out once and showed up a WEEK later in our bed. Not cool. --a
p.s. I was watching oprah the other day and there was this lady on who pumped enough to feed all 5 (yes 5) of her kids (quintuplets?). That's insane. And a ridiculous amount of pumping. She must have constantly been hooked up. Craziness!

Kyla said...

Hooray! And man, Charlie just keeps getting cuter and cuter.

Sarah said...

that's freaking awesome!

Lindsay said...

Charlie is cuter than ever! I love the new pictures. And congrats on your progress with your data!

wordgirl said...

Chinese is always a good thing! Maybe it will produce even more milk! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Phentermine said...

Great Article! Thank You!

Buy Phentermine said...

Thanks to author! I like articles like this, very interesting.