Friday, May 25, 2007

I just finished packing me and Charlie for our trip to Dallas tomorrow and I sure hope Ryan didn't plan on bringing anything more than a few pairs of underpants and a toothbrush because while he was out buying me cookies (NOW! I NEED THEM NOW!!) I filled our whole suitcase with my shoes.

Nibbs is asleep. He fell asleep easily tonight holding on to one of the tusks of his elephant lovey. Last night it took him nearly two hours to drop off. Ryan and I laid on his bedroom floor listening to him kick his mattress and make pterodactyl noises in protest. Every time we dared peek over the rail he smiled and made snow angels in his blankets. Then he woke up during a thunderstorm around three, for no real reason around three-thirty, and because he wanted company at four-thirty. Ryan finally went in there and got him to sleep until around seven. I'm not sure what is causing such a change in his sleeping behavior, the phantom teeth?

Whatever it is it made me sleep through his afternoon nap. I didn't get anything done, but it sure was nice to curl up on the couch for a little while.

Everyone have a great holiday weekend.

2 comments:

Kyla said...

"made snow angels in his blankets" That was perfectly phrased. I had flashes of my kiddos doing the same thing when I read it.

I hope Mr. Nibbs catches the elusive Zzz's soon, for everyone's sake. In the meantime, it is a great excuse to make extra coffee runs, though. :)

Sarah said...

Have fun in Dallas. Harry also regressed sleepwise around that age-- I really do think teeth are a factor. We spent many a night on the floor of his room, too!