Wednesday, April 4, 2007

As a reward for making it through that last (looonnnng and serious) post...


...here's a funny story about boobies. I was reading Amalah's archives and it was time to pump, but I didn't want to stop reading even though you can totally see me sitting at my kitchen table with the computer from the street and it's really time to get some curtains or blinds or something (for heaven's sake).

Also the prospect of moving both the laptop and the pump to a more private location (and associated untangling of the pump's hose, laptop cord, pump power adapter, internet cord, photo downloadey thing, pepper grinder, cell phone cord, coffee mug) was exhausting. Last night I woke up at 5:30 in the morning again like "he-LOOOO BOOBS" and also "How did I not notice I was sleeping in a PUDDLE OF MILK?" so skipping the pump wasn't an option (seriously, I couldn't sleep on my side, no supply issues here, there's a reason my kid weighs 22 pounds at 5 months).

So I very cleverly positioned this bag of tortilla chips between me and the window. An impenetrable wall of starch behind which I may pump in total privacy (and also All Natural and 0 Grams of Trans Fats per serving, score!)!!

2 comments:

Kyla said...

LMAO. Too funny!! And I can't believe Charlie weighs 22 pounds!! We've been working hard to ger my 2 year old where she is, 26 lbs! Of course, she's got feeding issues, but still. I am way impressed with Charlie! :)

wordgirl said...

I remember having to lock my classroom door, turn off the lights and pump milk on my conference period...just to keep things going while I was finishing up the school year. I felt like a criminal having to hide in the corner.