Friday, February 2, 2007

Sneak Attack

After the blizzard of the century turned out to be a boring rainstorm two weeks ago, I guess they were a little gun shy about forecasting THIS:

Sneaky Snow

because they didn't. I think we had a 20% chance of flurries or something like that and then all of the sudden we had a Snow Advisory at about 9:00 last night.

And Charlie has a cold. It is so sad. He is very uncomfortable. Even Rossby feels for him. He brought his favorite toy and put it next to Charlie while he was playing. Rossby's toy is the brown gorilla in the corner of the picture. We stole it out of someone's trash can on a trip to Austin. Rossby loves it. He's managed to remove the nose and one of the eyes and now he has loaned it to Charlie because Rossby hates to see anyone sad. Isn't he a sweetheart? I'm really sorry about all the dirty clothes in the background. I promise we aren't raising Charlie in filth.

Charlie Playing

I called the pediatrician this morning to see if there was anything we could do for Charlie and they suggested rest, fluids, and the humidifier when he's asleep. Duh duh duh duh duh. I was thinking about renting him some movies and getting some popsicles for him and maybe buying him an issue of "Seventeen" like the last time I remember my parents taking care of me when I was sick. The cold pacifier I gave him was a bust so I guess those bumps on his gums are just bumps and he really does have a cold. So, rest, fluids, and humidifer. Sigh. Feel better soon little man!

No comments: