Sunday, September 24, 2006

Look my old jeans fit!

Look, my old jeans fit! Originally uploaded by ryanandbecca. In a moment of frustration with the several pairs of maternity jeans one of my friends loaned me I put on a pair of my old jeans to see if my butt really looked as terrible as it did in the maternity jeans. I'm happy to report that they still go on and still look, well, not great but about the same from the back. Of course they don't button, but I'll take what I can get right now. I was worried they wouldn't go past my knees so you can imagine my excitement when I was able to pull them past my "good birthing hips". I was home alone at the time, so I had to do it again when Ryan came home because it was just that cool and he insisted on taking a picture.The other cool thing that happened this weekend is that I got to go to a Tech football game. Thanks go to my friend S who gave me one of her extra tickets that she got from a professor in our department so I could sit on the reserved seat side in a nice seat with a back instead of sitting in the student section where you have to stand up all the time and rowdy fans rip the benches up and pass them around. Some of you may have seen last week's disaster of a game against TCU (12-3, TCU). Coach Leach has been publicly ridiculing his team all week calling them a bunch of "posers" and "primadonnas". He even said he had just watched "The worst offensive performance in the nation" which, he said, made him "the worst offensive coach in the nation." I knew it would be a good game because I'm sure the team doesn't like having the crap kicked out of them in practice all week (and on local media)and the team we played, Southeast Louisiana, was not supposed to be very good. Still, I got so excited by the first touchdown (which was within five minutes of the opening kickoff) that I had a Braxton Hicks contraction (don't worry, that is a perfectly normal fake contraction). Poor SLU was caught up in something they didn't start and had nothing to do with. Coach Leach had a point to make and boy did he make it. Tech was up 42 to 0 by the end of the first half. Two other friends we were with, A and S, were calling for one more touchdown with a two-point conversion to send them into the locker room with an even 50. Even with the second string QB in for the second half the score was 62-0 Tech when it was all over. It's funny how fast I can jump to my feet when Tech scores a touchdown considering it takes me five minutes to stand up out of one of the couches in the waiting room at my OB's office. Also funny how I can sit in one place in the football stadium for three hours but not in my office chair for nearly that long. By the time I got home I was completely exhausted and barely able to keep my eyes open.Second part of qualifying exam is on Tuesday and then hopefully I can put this whole mess behind me and focus on the baby and on getting some good writing done for my dissertation before he is born.

No comments: