Thursday, February 1, 2007

Blargh

Hello internet. No I have not dropped off the face of the earth (although if you knew where I lived you might think otherwise). I have been WORKING. Yes, concentrating and accomplishing and all of that. And I have a little confession to make. I guess it's a coming out of sorts. It's just that, well, ok, I've been to Starbucks about ten times in the last two weeks. I know I know I know! Support local coffee and all. They're just SO CLOSE to my house and I can get there and back in under ten minutes and they have these tiny vanilla scones that are only a dollar and it's just the thing to satisfy my sweet tooth without going totally overboard and feeling guilty all day. Except today when the "barista" said "Would you like three for two dollars?" I said why the hell not and went for it. Because Charlie was a sad baby last night. Which meant I spent a considerable amount of time sitting on a chair in my underwear wrapped up in his blue Winnie the Pooh blanket nursing him while the humidifier humidified his room (because did I mention he was coughing? Coughing?! And sounded all pitiful and congested when I went to pick him up?). Oh, and the icing on the most pitiful coughing baby you've ever seen cake was that his diaper had leaked and his pajamas were soaking wet. See, he was sad. And I eat my feelings, and his.

I changed his diaper (it hadn't actually leaked, the velcro had come undone on one side so every time he went potty he was just going all over his clothes instead of the diaper) and his pajamas and put him back in bed. At 6:30 I was awakened by more pitiful whimpering and coughing and grunting and more wet pajamas. Once he had been fed and changed a second time he was ready to play. I tried to lay him on my chest so he'd go back to sleep but he just said "Tummy time! Fun!" and lifted his head up so he could stare intensely at the display on my alarm clock. When he got tired of that he started making loud cooing noises and smiling at something (the headboard? the alarm clock? funny mama who's trying to get some rest?). It was actually very cute. Thank goodness I went to bed early last night.

Tonight? ER!! ER!! ER!! Who's excited? Oh my gosh I can't wait to see what happens. Crafty NBC, very crafty. If you hadn't left me hanging like that I probably would be too angry about the two weeks of reruns to care. But you've got me hooked and you know it you evil bastards. Make this episode a good one and I might even forget that you tried to induce me to watch Deal or No Deal by putting it on what used to be known as "Must See TV".
Now I must enjoy my scone(s) and caffeine. And work. Must work.

No comments: