Friday, January 12, 2007

A conversation with a potential daycare provider

Me: We prefer to use cloth diapers. (Hold up all-in-one cloth diaper and undo velcro) See they're really easy to use and go on just like regular diapers. We would provide a bag for you to put the dirty ones in.

Daycare Lady: Haha we've never heard that one before! (laughs loudly, shoots look at infant room monitors who also laugh) Where are you from?

Me: I'm from AustinDL: OhhhhMe: nervous laugh

DL: I knew it had to be either Austin or Colorado

Me: I've actually lived here for eight years

DL: Well you can't get that Austin out of you!

I don't know if we'll use that place. The hours are great and so far they are the only ones who would let us use cloth diapers but it's expensive and their infant to staff ratio is awful (5-1!!) and Charlie won't get nearly as much attention as he does now. There were a ton of babies in there and all the little ones were in swings or bouncers or high chairs and only one was being held. Plus now they think I'm some kind of gypsy earth mother (from Austin of all places, the horror!) I don't know what we're going to do.

No comments: