Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I am a ball of raw emotion...

Charlie is asleep, peacefully, in his crib. He's actually asleep, he's not red or grunting or squirming or making adorable seagull noises like he was when I said enough is enough this morning and put him in his crib so I could take a shower (new house rule: If you cover my entire abdomen and forearms with breast milk you do not also get to prevent me from cleaning it off). I worked hard to get him to sleep in his crib so I could get some things done around the house. And now I miss him. A lot. I want him to wake up and play with me (even though the only game he knows is "I'm going to scream and you guess why"). I did get a lot done though. I did a load of laundry and straightened up the living room (we have a professor and his wife coming over tonight to bring us dinner, the least I could do was make a neat pile of the twenty-seven burp cloths adorning the floor of our family room). I can't wait until Ryan comes home so I can show him how calm I am! Oops, not asleep anymore.

No comments: