Monday, October 23, 2006

Meanwhile back at the ranch...

Now that Ryan and I have secured internet access for ourselves on the up and up (it started getting too hard to climb the tree in the back yard with the laptop and cup of coffee and notebook and pen just so that I would have internet access) I can work from home. So that's what I'm doing today. I am all set up at my new desk (which is really the kitchen table pushed into a corner by the kitchen). Here is a summary of the day's events:

Number of cookies consumed: 3 (1 chocolate chip, 2 peanut butter)
Number of scones consumed: 2/3
Number of items purloined from bedroom by bored puppy: 2, both of my slippers
Number of those items that have since been moved closer to me because I failed to react the first time: 1
Water bowls almost overturned as an attention-grabbing measure by bored puppy: 1
Number of times I've almost gone into labor because I was concentrating on something and Rossby started barking hysterically: 2 (postman and UPS guy)
Number of dead pigeons in backyard preventing release of bored puppy from the house: 1
Number of dead pigeons that will be removed by me: 0


Also, we had an ultrasound this morning. The technician tried to be polite--"Ummm, has he been measuring big?" The doctor was not so tactful--"Wow. 8 pounds 4 ounces. Do you have a c-section scheduled?" Three people asked me when my next appointment with Dr. O was. Translation: "We need to address this giant baby issue in a hurry or you're going to be permanantly disfigured." Anyway, everything looked really good. His heartbeat was 161 bpm and he is in the correct position for delivery. We didn't get a good look at him but it's ok because we only have another 10 days to wait!!

No comments: