Monday, October 2, 2006

Got a question for ya.

Ryan's parents and sister and brother-in-law and their two boys were in town this weekend and we had a really nice time. We went to the American Wind Power Museum, we ate ice cream, we went to the playground, we had many wonderful meals. It was a great visit and it was great to see everyone. And, although it was difficult, I managed to keep my preggo-abrasive-personality disorder in check for 2 whole days. Well except for a few minutes during the end of the TTU-tamu game, but I was under extreme distress then. By the way, that was a GAME! For those of you who didn't see it, Tech won by 4 points after scoring a really awesome touchdown with 35 seconds left to play (The last 1 min was my cardio for the week). At church Sunday morning people greeted one another with "You see that game last night?" instead of "Good morning!"

I need your help. I would like to read a really good book during this last month of pregnancy as my last act of intellectual snobbery before I start using all my brainpower to figure out the whole breastfeeding/nurturing thing and whether I've had a shower this week or not. To clarify, "good" means nothing that can be bought at the grocery store and nothing that has the words milkmaid, stallion, fantasy, or pleasure in the title. The genres I like most and read most frequently are biography/memoir, novels (not romance), nonfiction (womens'/family issues, personal finance, science), and theology. Leave comments with your suggestions. Thanks in advance!

No comments: