Thursday, August 24, 2006

Why oh why...

Why did I not bring my backpack to work today? No backpack = no iPod = BORED. How am I supposed to read about Fast Fourier Transforms without my Johnny Cash? How am I supposed to shop online for diaper bags without my Black Eyed Peas (whoops, ignore that last one if you have anything to do with me graduating)? How could I have been so thoughtless? I looked right at my backpack and thought "I only need a few books, I don't need to bring that." Why why why?We had our third childbirth class last night and it was just plain delightful compared to the first two. The lady on this week's video had been given an epidural and unlike those crunchy exhibitionists on the first two, she was wearing a gown. She gave birth without a peep! And there was no "should I really be watching this" screaming and heavy breathing scene to build up to the big moment. I swear these videos must be manufactured by some kind of anesthesiologists' professional organization. We finished the class with breathing and relaxation practice again. This time we had to pretend we were pushing. The instructor emphasized "pretend" because she didn't want to start anything accidentally. I didn't even know that was possible!Anyway, that's all I have for you today because I should really get SOMETHING done today and I had to go to this team building thing this morning for school. How is leading someone else around in a blindfold going to make me a better student?

No comments: