Sunday, August 6, 2006

Ode to my iPod

I am so fortunate to live in a time where one can listen to Peter, Paul, and Mary, the Black Eyed Peas, and Johnny Cash at the coffee shop on a Sunday afternoon. I know it's a little late to be getting on the iPod bandwagon, but I was only recently able to pull together the $$ for what I thought, until recently, was a luxury item. I have since developed some symptoms of iPod addiction, for example extreme impatience with all radio stations and an overwhelming feeling of panic when the little battery symbol in the corner turns red and I don't have my uplink cable that requires me to stop what I'm doing immediately and go get the cable so I can feed my addiction, even if it's in another county. Perhaps the most insidious symptom of iPod addiction is the way I reply with an impatient "Pardon me?" as I hit the pause button every time someone tries to talk to me.Countdown to the qualifying exam: 25 days.Mini panic attacks occuring at inappropriate times: 3.Hours of studying today: 0.5.Preparation status: Poor.

No comments: